Sunday, August 14, 2011

Snippets of Summer

Ahem. Excuse me, ladies and gentlemen, may I please have your attention. Today is my official last day of summer, and in honor of such a momentous occasion, I'd like to take a moment to reflect. I'd like to thank you all who have made these past three months possible, and congratulate those who were too wrapped up in their own life to bother replying to my messages/phone calls/texts. I love you all, as I love the summer.

Mostly.

Song(s) of Summer
This award goes out to that old-school (not really) classic, "Teach Me How to Dougie":

Jammed to this song at camp in June, requested it at my cousin's wedding in July, and taught my mom how to perfect the dance ... many times.

And because hip-hop can never take the cake all by itself, we are also issuing an award to Matt Nathanson's "Faster":

Fell in love with this song at the concert in July where I saw him LIVE and found myself singing "you taste like sunlight and strawberry bubblegum" on a daily basis throughout the rest of the summer.

Book of Summer
Janet Evanovitch's Stephanie Plum novels are just all too addicting!
Gobbled up two of them (working on the other 16) and have spent many hours debating with my friends whether Joe or Ranger are better characters. Can't wait until the first movie comes out in January, although I still wish they had cast Johnny Depp as Vinnie.




Movie of Summer
She's the Man, starring Channing Tatum and Amanda Bynes. After being badgered by my younger cousin to watch this, I finally checked it out from the library and devoured it with my friends from camp. Thoroughly recommended, especially if you're in the mood for a laugh.Drink of Summer
Who doesn't love a great smoothie? I honestly think I could live on these, especially Friedrichs' Toucan Tango, a yummy blend of peaches and other delicious fruit. Freddies has many other great smoothies as well - I suggest that you check them out!

Ahhh summer.... I'm going to miss you


No comments:

Post a Comment