Sunday, July 17, 2011

Harry Potter and the Deathly Accessible Seating

Two days after the release of the last Harry Potter movie, my wonderful friends and I finally made it to the theatre to see it. One of my friends has a broken metatarsal and because of her cast, is in a chair. Another one of my friends has a sprained (possibly broken) ankle and because of the extreme pain, is in a chair. My friend's boyfriend recently had surgery on his foot and because of his cast, is in a chair. Because of my crippling disease (say it with me... "duhhhhh-zeeeze"), I am in a chair.

I am guessing that the majority of you, not being in chairs, and not being all too bright, have never really noticed the accessible seating, or lack thereof, at a movie theatre. In my town, in a typical theatre, there are two spots for people in chairs. Two. Four of us were going to the theatre in chairs. Did this mean we would have to pile on top of each other? Massive orgy, perhaps? Sadly, no.

Thankfully, we had another friend with us that was perfectly capable on her own two feet, and was able to help my two friends and my friends boyfriend into a movie seat. She then proceeded to move the three chairs off to the side. And of course, because it was Harry Potter, the theatre was packed anyway, so we had to sit in the very very very front row.

Now. Harry Potter. You are wondering if I liked it. Well of course. It is, after all, Harry Potter, one of my dearest loves. However, I was slightly disappointed, as I am with every movie, because it does not follow the book. For example, Snape was never fully explained! And Harry's grand coming-back-to-life was nowhere near as glorious as in the book. Alas, it was still Harry Potter. And I do find myself slightly sad that there will be no more... :(

The question is, will J.K. Rowling write more books about Harry and Ginny's son, Albus Severus? Look here to find out! http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/19959323/ns/today-wild_about_harry/t/finished-potter-rowling-tells-what-happens-next/

No comments:

Post a Comment